For some time, I used Keynote to edit graphics for slideshows and personal projects. I just started using Keynote to remove background colors for importing photos to Boardmaker. In my opinion, removing the background facilitates understanding of the object pictured. I would like to share how to do it:
- Using a camera (e.g., iPhone), take a picture of an object such as a toy.
- Sync the image to your Mac.
- Drag and drop the image into a Keynote slide with white background. If necessary, resize with Inspector.
- Use alpha to select and remove background colors.
- Use command shift 4 to capture an image.
- Drag the image into Boardmaker to add the image to your library.
- Add the image to a template such as a GoTalk. Since the template has a white background, the image’s white background will be unnoticeable.
- Utilize the template in interactive or printable form.